Nov 28: Job Openings! NCVA is looking for experienced Designer and Ad Salesperson
The Northern California Velodrome Association (NCVA) Board of Directors (BOD) has the following positions available: Newsletter Producer Advertising Sales
Please review the descriptions and respond to the contacts below for questions.
DESIGNER / NEWSLETTER PRODUCER:
The Northern California Velodrome Association (NCVA) Board of Directors (BOD) plans to expand and improve its communications about the velodrome to the local community & sponsors by publishing a periodical newsletter that will feature updates on key activities at the Hellyer Velodrome. The newsletter will be tailored towards providing information to our sponsors and donors about the board’s vision and results over the course of 2013, but will also contain information the cycling and local community will find valuable related to races and programs/events taking place at Hellyer.
The NCVA BOD is currently looking for someone with design/layout experience to help produce the newsletter. The designer will report to the Marketing Committee chair who will have overall responsibility for publishing and distribution of the final newsletter. The designer will be responsible for making us look good!
- Experience with publishing tools
- Ability to deliver layouts in PDF format (for email attachments and/or download from websites) and/or ability to layout content for within email distribution
- While not necessary, ability to produce layouts fit for print production is a plus
- Likely number of newsletters over the course of the year is 6 issues
- During the training months (Q1 & Q4) we seek to produce a quarterly newsletter
- During the active track racing season the cadence of the publication will likely increase to bi-monthly
- Materials will be delivered to the designer with a minimum of 2 weeks turn-around
- A stipend per issue may be granted
To apply please contact: email@example.com
The Northern California Velodrome Association (NCVA) Board of Directors (BOD) seeks to hire a contract salesperson to sell rail board advertising to businesses with the objective of increasing NCVA advertising revenue. The salesperson will report directly to the Sponsorship Committee chair.
Currently, there are several sponsors advertising on the rail boards at the Hellyer Velodrome but there is a substantial amount of available space. The NCVA has a sponsorship plan to provide funding for Hellyer activities of which rail board advertising will play a key role. NCVA marketing will be provided marketing materials and sales support, as required.
- Outgoing salesperson capable of making outbound communication via email and telephone
- Experience selling advertising
- Independent contractor, and
- Pre-existing relationships with prospective advertisers (very desirable but not a must)
- Commission only, no monthly fee,
- Commissions paid from the proceeds when advertisers pay NCVA
To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org