Scheduling Training Sessions
All training sessions are considered open. This is a Santa Clara County requirement. Our mission is to provide track access to as many as possible. While some sessions (i.e., Advanced/Cat 3 and or motor-paced) do have certain requirements for safety purposes, most sessions are available to all riders. Be sure to review the descriptions of the sessions and notify the supervisor or promoter with any questions.
There are also special sessions (i.e., juniors, women) where additional requirements also apply.
Team-restricted or private coaching sessions are not allowed. However, if a team or coach requests a special session, they must also allow other non-team members to join in (as long as they meet the requirements of the session and pay the fees designated by the session leader).
1. Contact the NCVA Scheduling Committee. All scheduling at the track MUST go through the NCVA scheduling committee. The scheduling committee will advise you on the details required for your session. Send an email to email@example.com if:
you want to schedule a session and notice that the time spot is open
you want to schedule a series of sessions
2. Requesting to add a session to the calendar. All sessions should be placed on the NCVA calendar (http://www.ridethetrack.com/
A request for a session might look like this:
Subject: REQUEST for TRACK SESSION
Please approve the following addition to the NCVA calendar:
What: Advanced Training Session
When: August 14, 2012
Advanced Training: 1.Open to Cat 3 riders and above, or the approval
of the supervisor 2.No rental bikes available (some exceptions apply
i.e. experienced, out of town rider) 3.Motor pacing per the current
motor pacing rules Rain or wet track cancels. For more info, contact
Supervisor Joe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Scheduling coordinator will work with the Calendar Coordinator (Kevin Worley) to get it on the calendar. DO NOT send emails directly to Kevin without copying the scheduling committee.
If you want to schedule a session that will occur in less than two days advance notice, send an email to BOTH the scheduling committee email@example.com and the calendar coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing will be added to the calendar without the approval of the scheduling committee. The scheduling committee will confirm with you, once your session is approved.
4. All sessions must be staffed by a Hellyer Supervisor. The scheduling coordinator will work to provide a supervisor for your session but if you already have a supervisor that you are working with, that is even better and saves us time.
5. Notify the email group. Once approved and added to the calendar, you must send a notice to the NCVA email group about the session (http://groups.google.com/
Session times. Training sessions may only be held during park hours. Plan accordingly, as the park will be locked at sunset.
A session announcement might look like this:
What: Advanced Training Session
When: August 14, 2010
Advanced Training: 1.Open to Cat 3 riders and above, or the approval of the supervisor 2.No rental bikes available (some exceptions apply i.e. experienced, out of town rider) 3.Motor pacing per the current motor pacing rules Rain or wet track cancels. For more info, contact Supervisor Joe, email@example.com.
6. Cancellations. If the session must be cancelled, you must send a notification to the NCVA email group.
All 2014 Session fees must include a $5 per rider fee + $ for bike rentals.
Supervisor fees are $40 per session.